Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stacking



Click on image to see full image.

I have started trying image stacking. This is my first attempt with this software. About a year ago I tried it with a free software but was very disappointed with the results and lost interest. I did this shot with Zerene Stacker and am very happy with the results. This image is a combination of 10 individual shots. I started out focusing on the tip and took a shot then changed focus slightly for the next shot. I continued this for 10 total shots. You can combine many more than that. On the support page for the software there are examples of shots using over 100. Plan to keep working on it.

Canon XSi, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Canon MT-24EX Twin Flash-both heads 1/2 power, tripod. 1/320 sec, f/11, manual focus and exposure.

I would really like to have your comments.

No comments: